Jean-Philippe HALGAND on Fri, 29 Oct 1999 18:12:04 +0200

Re: Syndicate: CONNECTED - Networked Media Culture in a Changing Europe

Hi
I'm very much interested in this european cultural backbone and also would
like toknow how to take part into it.
First, I would like to  introduce you MAP (Metamorph-ARN-Pericles). MAP is
a structure of artists and researchers working on the the networks and also
an art /event database project which we hope to be complementary to the
medialounge initiative.

MAP is :
Metamorph (Bordeaux) is at http://212.234.37.167/
ARN (Lorient) is at http://www.x-arn.org/
Pericles (Bordeaux) is at http://pericles.org/ (next version in progress)

MAP is currently located at : http://212.234.37.180/
In french only for the moment and we're working on it.

MAP is also responsible for the organisation of the x-00 event in Lorient
in march 2000.
> The "x-00" event in march2000 (check please http://www.x-arn.org/x-00/)
is not a festival, it is expected to be an> hybrid space, confusing
networks and bringing along practices, objects and
> people.
"x-00" will be in part
focused > on :

> issues such "the place of human beings in a networked technological
> environnment of communication, attitudes and commitments,and related
> topics" ;
>
> and mainly devoted to live performances, streaming events with radio and
> video, presentations, workshops and informal meetings to enable this
moment > to be lively.

yours

yous