Geoffrey Goodell via Nettime-tmp on Thu, 22 Jun 2023 13:09:03 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Congrats & two 'suggestions'

Hi Patrice,

On Thu, 22 Jun 2023 at 10:23:00AM +0000, Patrice Riemens via Nettime-tmp wrote:
> (i) Try to format yr posts in such a way that they arrive as compact text on the archives (and not as a long running lines). I do not know how to make that work - hard returns may be? (& I hope it works for this post, as I am - yet again - on someone else's machine ;-)

I try to format my messages to break the lines at under eighty characters;
however, it appears that the line that you sent in your message (above) was not
broken in this manner, at least not as shown by my mail client (Mutt).  If your
message appears correctly in the archive, then perhaps we should investigate
what is actually causing the lines to be broken.

> (ii) try to avoid reproducing the entire thread when reacting, limiting it to only the relevant post(s) you're reacting to.

Good advice in general!

Best wishes --

Geoff
#  more info: https://mail.ljudmila.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/nettime-tmp