Jaime Magiera via Nettime-tmp on Thu, 15 Jun 2023 00:43:29 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Direction of Travel - technical

Yes, apparently it hit a nerve for you. The point was that a container would need to be hosted, one option would be on a Kubernetes cluster service. Otherwise, it’s just running on someone’s VM. There are many non-commercial options. Containerization and Kubernetes are my day job. Likewise, I managed mailman mailing lists for several decades. Portability is a key technical hurdle as the list hosting changes over time.

I don’t think anyone is prioritizing technical over social. The technological issue is clear and being discussed as a separate issue.