mp via Nettime-tmp on Mon, 5 Jun 2023 13:22:33 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> nettime caring

On 04/06/2023 21:49, Jean-Noël Montagné via Nettime-tmp wrote:
I don't share the actual fashion to evaluate any collectivity, or try to artificially extract some common vision. The diversity of nettime, the margins of nettime are its strengh, and nettime info pages + wikipedia pages + 28 years of archives + texts about Nettime are enough to understand what it is, as living organism with fluctuating shapes. Any attempt to achieve a community definition could be detrimental to this diversity.

Conversely, one might say/argue that: You just did it.

I.e. insofar as "community definition" is merely an abstract concept that has little meaning without specification.

In other words, community definition can be just what you described, or it can be some tight-arsed, echo-chamberish, boundary setting exercise driven by purity and cultism. Or anything in between.

To paraphrase Bill Hicks, "..It's just a process.."

cheers&ciao
..
.

#  more info: https://mail.ljudmila.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/nettime-tmp