Menno Grootveld via Nettime-tmp on Sun, 4 Jun 2023 22:11:34 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> nettime caring

I completely agree with the statement by Jean-Noël

Op 04-06-2023 om 21:49 schreef Jean-Noël Montagné via Nettime-tmp:

Le 31/05/2023 à 09:51, Allan Siegel via Nettime-tmp a écrit :
Hello,

Having myself been involved in a major organizational transition I think it essential to review and update the 'principles' and/or 'statement of purpose' of NETTIME.

I don't share the actual fashion to evaluate any collectivity, or try to artificially extract some common vision. The diversity of nettime, the margins of nettime are its strengh, and nettime info pages + wikipedia pages + 28 years of archives + texts about Nettime are enough to understand what it is, as living organism with fluctuating shapes. Any attempt to achieve a community definition could be detrimental to this diversity.

JN

The process should involve a collective process
that definitely includes Ted and Felix. The process should be transparent and the results publicized; Nettime is a diffuse community and in order to maintain and increase the relevance of this community it is important that this transitional phase be conducted in a respectful and thought out manner. I would also mention suggest that the collective that facilitates the transition be inclusive.

I hope this is helpful.

best
allan