Andreas Broeckmann on Thu, 15 Dec 2022 22:33:30 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> Moving Nettime to the Fediverse

Folks,

Maybe, more productively, and as Allan has suggested, people can write small reports here about how (exactly) they are using the new Mastodon instance, and what their experiences are. I'd find that useful, and maybe it's a good time to learn and play together.

Regards,
-a

PS: Geoff, excuse my bluntness, but I think that the tone of your posting is completely inappropriate. Even for people who don't know the moderators personally, it must be clear that their commitment to the list and the project of Nettime is and has been substantial, and to put that in question in the form that you do here is in itself, for me, a mark of self-disqualification.

Just two things: I suggest that you strike through the word "we" in your posting and reconsider again who this acting subject might actually be; there is certainly no "we" here that can "identify", "create", or "decide". The composition of this 'connective' is much more feeble than you seem to think. And you are suggesting to send away the people who have been holding its foundations together, even though you admit to not knowing what that involves, technically, mentally, socially, communication-wise. (Maybe apply for an internship?)

Secondly, it may look like it for you, but Nettime is not and probably never will be an institution. It was much closer to that status 20 years ago. Its rules of operation are therefore different.

-a