Sarah Kanouse on Tue, 22 Feb 2011 07:31:33 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> Wisconsin report

So let's hang ourselves on our radical purity while waiting for the more authentically oppressed to show up spontaneously and save our collective ass. Sounds like such a brilliant plan that I'd have expected a right-winger to hatch it.

--Sarah K.

On Feb 20, 2011, at 10:44 AM, John Young wrote:

> The Wisconsin protest is ridiculous -- nary a face wizened
> by demanding toil, instead mirrors of the officials they jape
> and intimidate for greater largesse of divied-up tax loot.
>
> Typical of cosseted unions. "Fat slobs" -- a vacuous cliche
> beloved of fat-headed slobs -- most of them, with pretentious
> courage emblazoned by maudlin repetition of slogans earned
> by hard laborers in days long past hard labor.
 <...>