Shih-Chieh Ilya Li on Wed, 21 May 2008 11:27:27 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Steve Cisler

I am so sad to hear SC's death.

I wrote an message in Chinese[1] to express my thankfulness and warm
feelings for the moments being with him, in N5M3-4 and other moments
in San Jose. The article's topic is "Life is too short", quoting his
2002 nettime article[2].

Steve is one of the great friends supporting young and immature
thinkers since more than ten years ago. He has great impact with
his thoughtful writings and attitudes toward global international
development industry.

I started a flickr group[3] to put my Cisler memories to remember this
good friend. And I would like to share with you my favorite Cisler's
stance[4].

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ilyaericlee/2510493566/

Though a little bit clumsy and stupid, this what I want to do for
Steve. Because there are ocean, surfing, library, woods and forests in
the photos and memories.

Thanks Ted, and please pass my message to his families.

best and warmest, ilya

----
1. http://ilyagram.org/blog/archives/2123.html
2. http://www.nettime.org/Lists-Archives/nettime-l-0209/msg00110.html
3. http://www.flickr.com/groups/716564@N25/
4. http://www.flickr.com/photos/ilyaericlee/2510493566/in/pool-716564@N25

On 2008/5/20, at ?????? 12:15, t byfield wrote:

>Steve Cisler passed away on Thursday 15 May, from a medical condition
>he'd known about for several years, which had worsened over the last
>several months. His wife, Nancy, said that he was with his entire
>family -- which had grown in the last few years -- and that he was
>relaxed and accepting as his health faded.
>
>Steve's friends were very far-flung, so feel free to forward this.
>If anyone sends me messages about Steve, I'll assemble them and make
>sure they end up in the right place.
>
>Ted
>

>#  distributed via <nettime>: no commercial use without permission
>#  <nettime> is a moderated mailing list for net criticism,
>#  collaborative text filtering and cultural politics of the nets
>#  more info: http://mail.kein.org/mailman/listinfo/nettime-l
>#  archive: http://www.nettime.org contact: nettime@kein.org

----
Duhamel said: "I can no longer think what I want to think.
               My thoughts have been replaced by moving images."

Shih-Chieh "Ilya" Li (a.k.a. Ilya Eric Lee)
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ilya
Tel: +886-2-27883799 ext 2165
Email(Pub|Per): ilya {at} iis.sinica.edu.tw | ilyaericlee {at} gmail.com
PersonalWeblog: http://ilyagram.org

     ___
__ /\_ \