Frédéric Neyrat via nettime-l on Mon, 18 Dec 2023 11:00:05 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> the silence on the rising fascism / non-violence

Hi Andreas,

Yes, shame can be a very good way to produce a form of consciousness, of
acknowledgement of a terrible event, like the one that happened on the 7th
of October, you're right. Shame, and/or guilt, compassion, disgust, many
possibilities.

However, it's strange that you quote, from transplanet.org, only the one
thing that *seems* to support your claim (why not
https://www.trans-planet.org/abolishing-the-world-order-in-a-radical-ceasefire
or the poem of Lewis Freedman that we published
https://www.trans-planet.org/inaugural-harm or the originary call there:
https://www.trans-planet.org/a-call-to-rise-for-peace)

Let me also add that you put in your translation a term that is *not* in
the French text, the term "murder," "*meurtre*" in French - maybe you
wanted to say "violence"? (but that's the same term in French).

So yes, as you said, difficult to "contribute to a conversation" like this
one. But we need to! I need to assume that you were *not* dishonest but,
like me, worried, desperate, crying, in pain, and angry and then desperate
etc. I need, we need to think of a way to interrupt the circle of death!

My best,

Frédéric
________________ Website: Atopies <https://atoposophie.wordpress.com/>
_______ ALienstagram <https://www.instagram.com/alienocene/>