podinski via nettime-l on Mon, 18 Dec 2023 01:24:14 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> the silence on the rising fascism

Hi all,

Thx Brian and Allan for replies...

the silences ( here in Berlin and DE especially ) are really disturbing
! and shameful !

I hadn't yet read the Granta Part 2 piece, and now see that it did
mention the Oyoun's severely jeopardized existence !

Their 3-day program Threads of Resilience had many profound moments !

( incl. a Naomi Klein zoom on her Doppelganger themes, which we hope got
archived, discussions with Candice Breitz, Dr. Anna-Esther Younes, Udi
Raz, usw. )

But still no big name institutions nor orgs nor media outlets are
stepping up to clearly defend or assist in Oyoun's daring efforts to
engage the necessary diversity of critical perspectives !

Update:

speaking of Gessen and the Arendt prize...

She will speaking at Heinrich Boell Stiftung 2mrw / 2nite - Dec. 18,
18-19:00h CET,  and it will be livestreamed.

The prize was in the end awarded at a rescheduled and more sidelined
venue, but HBS did embarassingly back out of the event...

But are now at least willing to host a discussion on the matter...

Mit
*Masha Gessen*, Journalist*in und Schriftsteller*in
*Dr. Imme Scholz*, Vorstand Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung
*Jan Philipp Albrecht*, Vorstand Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung
Moderation: *Dr. Tamara Or*, Geschäftsführende Vorständin der Stiftung
Deutsch-Israelisches Zukunftsforum

One hour seems a bit short to go very deep... or allow for public
questions...

but should be informative !

https://calendar.boell.de/de/event/gespraech-mit-masha-gessen-hannah-arendt-preistraegerin-2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vb4yypPG-OE

ciao,

Podinski / XLt

P.s. a correction to our orig post...

the group that Oyoun had invited ( and triggered the respression ) was
Judische Stimme ( not Stimmung )

https://www.juedische-stimme.de/

And here's a somewhat neutral journalistic report from TAZ about the
Oyoun case ( from 14.12 ) :

https://taz.de/Debatte-um-Kulturfoerderung/!5976336/