Bill Woodcock via nettime-l on Thu, 14 Dec 2023 08:49:06 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> email filter blues and the s word

> On Dec 14, 2023, at 08:21, Geert Lovink via nettime-l <nettime-l@lists.nettime.org> wrote:
> Dear all, to follow up on this… Not sure if everyone of you is already aware of the AI note taking tools. This is most likely the software I hinted at as it can generate emails and come back with follow-up emails. BTW. This software can also sneak into Zoom meetings and take notes of meetings and generate lists of those that attended the online meeting. Please be aware of this as the use of Zoom in political and cultural contexts is still considerable.

I was recently in a Zoom meeting of ~15 people which was supposed to be under Chatham House rules.  Three different people turned on these transcription bots, and one of them refused to turn it off, saying that it was a disability accommodation.  The meeting wound up being quite subdued and content-free.

                                -Bill