Krystian Woznicki via nettime-l on Thu, 14 Dec 2023 12:42:37 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> toolbox for sustainable climate (re-)production · “Allied Grounds” resource website is online!

Hi nettimers!

What is the ecological dimension of work? What common interests do workers’ and environmental movements have and what does it mean for our movements to join forces? How can we reclaim the means of (re-)production and transform them into means of sustainable climate (re-)production?

The “Allied Grounds” project created a space for more than 80 activists and researchers to share their thoughts on these issues in the form of video talks, projects, and essays. Check out all the materials on the “Allied Grounds” project website ( https://berlinergazette.de/projects/allied-grounds ). A veritable archive of resistance and toolbox of critical knowledge and practices for activists and scholars alike, the project website serves as a permanent, open-access resource platform. All materials are available under a Creative Commons license. We are not only happy to share, but in fact actively dedicated to foster the knowledge commons. So, let us know if you are interested in republishing any of it!

*Assembling the toolbox for sustainable climate (re-)production*

Throughout the year, we published 46 essays from 22 countries, now organized into the following sections: Working People in Movement, Rural Worker Struggles, Alliances of the Exploited, Resisting Green Capital, Collective Agency?, Reimagining Work, Post-Growth Pathways, Just Transition from Below, and Ecological Unionism. In the context of our autumn conference we recorded video talks by Jennifer Kamau, Harsha Walia, Florin Poenaru, Brett Neilson, Dario Azzellini, Svjetlana Nedimović, Francesca Gabbriellini/Paola Imperatore, and Lorenzo Feltrin. At the conference, we facilitated the collaborative production of collective projects on the following topics: Eco-Internationalism, Jobs vs. Nature, Working-Class Environmentalism, (Un)Working Balkans, and Anti-Eco-Fascism. Other outcomes from the conference, including audio recordings of the evening panels, are also available on “Allied Grounds” website (https://berlinergazette.de/projects/allied-grounds/).

In case you missed it, check out the conference report (https://transversal.at/blog/we-must-find-a-common-language), now available in Bosnian-Croatian-Serbian, Bulgarian, Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Romanian, and Spanish. More translations, including Turkish, are in the works.

*Joining forces, moving ahead*

Thank you to all of you who have participated in this truly enriching exploration and have contributed to the creation of the “Allied Grounds” project. And thank you to everyone who has and will continue to spread the word about our activities. It is in this “organic” way that we will move beyond the silos of the algorithm-driven social media “public sphere.”

We will continue our exploration of political ecology issues in 2024 as part of the “Kin City” project – the 25th anniversary project of the BG, by the way – focusing on the city as a nexus of struggles against the ecological-economic violence unleashed by colonial-capitalist expansionism. More on that soon.

In solidarity,

Krystian (for the BG team)

BG - Berliner Gazette - since 1999 -https://berlinergazette.de

Allied Grounds: Connecting Climate and Labor Struggles
BG Project 2023 w/ Texts, Video Talks, Projects + more
https://berlinergazette.de/projects/allied-grounds

After Extractivism: Challenging the Ecological-Economic Complex
BG Project 2022 w/ Video Talks, Projects, Texts + more
https://after-extractivism.berlinergazette.de