Allan Siegel via nettime-l on Fri, 29 Sep 2023 14:05:31 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> recently published texts on networkcultures.org

Hello,

On 29/09/2023 11:57, Christian Swertz via nettime-l wrote:
Maybe the journal can be innovative and traditional and open to academic and non-academic authors and audiences? So kind of diverse - like the list? This can be done in a journal, for instance, by creating different departments. Or issues. Or papers. Or formats. One department can be something like "HUMANities" and offer even peer review for those who like or somehow need it, while another department might be "arTworK" where videos, photos, sounds, poems, stories ... are published.

I have nothing against academic journals - but I think the idea is that the 'language' we encourage is diverse and even bi-lingual if necessary; departments are a good idea, like sections or zones or playgrounds... actually I like the idea of arTworK - sections with visual signs like paths of discovery...

I am waiting to see if there are other responses to this idea; so far I have only seen yours and Geert's interest in the idea of a magazine...

best