Geert Lovink via nettime-l on Tue, 26 Sep 2023 14:20:41 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> recently published texts on networkcultures.org

Dear nettimers, here at the Institute of Network Cultures in Amsterdam the season has started again. Here an overview of the texts our Institute of Network Cultures has recently published:

- A INC Longform by former intern Kate Babin, who started her PhD this month at Coventry University on the topic of toxic masculinity. In this essay she describes the months she spent on an Incel forum (her UvA Mediastudies MA thesis). https://networkcultures.org/longform/2023/09/05/condemned-to-rot-alone-the-incel-paradox-of-collective-loneliness/.

- INC Lonform of Michael Mersinis from Glasgow: Transmissions for Ukraine about short wave radio experiments to reach out to Ukraine. https://networkcultures.org/longform/2023/09/14/transmissions-for-ukraine/

- Naomi Hubert on My, Myself and Miquela: Positioning the Digital Being, an INC Longform, full of design examples of virtual personas. https://networkcultures.org/longform/2023/09/14/my-myself-and-miquela-positioning-the-digital-being/.

- The Kawayoku Inception, human rights violations and onlyfans streamers, unboxing and sniping, #pewpew and #militarycurves, war and ahegao: this video plus references by Noura Tafeche <https://nouratafeche.com/> is an archival project that aims to shape under a new taxonomy contemporary digital elusiveness and the ultimate stage of cute-violence sublimation. https://networkcultures.org/void/2023/09/26/kawayoku-inception/

We have noted that there are less and less places to publish longer essays on net cultures so please free to approach us if you’re working on something. Maybe it is time for a European web magazine for longer pieces? Ordinary INC blog posting are 1-2K words, longforms 5-6K words and the new brochure series Network Notions for 20K works, plus the video as publishing option through the INC VOID channel.

Greetings from Geert, Sepp, Chloë and Tommaso (since July 1 the core team) plus new and old interns