Joseph Rabie via Nettime-tmp on Wed, 31 May 2023 11:13:23 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> nettime caring

Hello,

It seems as if at this time of Nettime's having to reconfigure its destiny, it is tripping over the ethereal and asynchrone nature of such "virtual" social groups. The difficult communications and the suspicions raised by certain parties attest to the difficulties of relations that take place in a disjointed spatio-temporal realm.

(I, personally, have physically met only two people on Nettime, and I imagine that this is the case of most people on the list, knowing personally very few members. It would be interesting to know how it was founded, whether the initial members knew each other and met physically when they set it up.)

Perhaps the thing to do is to get together physically, to get to know each other as people, and not as pens. This is of course impossible, but perhaps one can go half way - organise a meeting by zoom or similar. If nothing else, it would be an interesting experiment.

Best wishes -
Joe.

#  more info: https://mail.ljudmila.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/nettime-tmp