Allan Siegel via Nettime-tmp on Wed, 31 May 2023 14:36:08 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> Nettime caring PLUS

hello,
I'm hoping we can advance this process of transition. A number of positive and constructive ideas have been put forward and there is a strong consensus to keep NETTIME alive and relevant.

The technical aspects of the transition are only one aspect of the 'reconfiguration' that will make the process viable; the other fundamental aspect involves defining the forms of continuity between Nettime as it was managed by Felix and Ted and its configuration in the future.

I would suggest that an historical continuity is fundamental - not in a literal sense but in terms of an evolved set of values and clarity of purpose. The change will be short lived if it is simply conceived of moving the list from one box into another.

So, in this context Joseph's suggestion has some weight because it proposes that the process should be personalised to some degree (using the most practical means). I think this would help immensely because it would create a greater sense of familiarity with the people involved, make the history more visible, and foster an environment where ideas and practices can be exchanged and developed.

Menno invigorated the basic gist of this discussion and substantial ideas have been put forward since then; now I think it is time to make some concrete steps to enable the transition and reconfiguration. But, we need a fair degree of understanding of the various issues and people involved in making this work.

best
allan

#  more info: https://mail.ljudmila.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/nettime-tmp