Peter Rebernik on Tue, 6 Apr 1999 18:59:39 +0200

Re: Syndicate: Re: URGENT call for AID to Blace! (fwd)

Dear Zoran,

you are completely right and correct. Makedonija is doing more on human help
than every other country, more than it can afford, economically and
emotionally.
The Austrian (my country!) government first said that it will not take even
one refugee. I was very ashamed and thought to fight for it. Now, they are
sending some money, now they are taking in 10.000 refugees, they told the
press. During the Hungarian uprising in 1956, when the Austrians were much
poorer - and much more in danger to be conquered by the Sowjet Union, we
took more than 100.000 refugees and tried to help them.

We all agree that the Makedonian government has a hard time. They are newly
elected, new to the power and thrown into the worst situation, a country
could face: down with economy, war in the neighbourhood and flooding
refugees. Makedonija would need the wisest, the best and the most
experienced government in that situation.
But, I must say, they are trying hard and doing their best. I would advise
us to stand behind them and advise them in behalf of the people of
Makedonija, of all ethnic groups.

NATO did what it could, I think. NATO did not have, as I believe, any direct
interest in getting involved. They tried to stop the brutal regime. But, to
do that they insisted that only brutal force could stop it.
It is like the father who hits his older son because the older son is
hitting the younger son; the father with the words: "You should not hit a
weaker one".

Makedonija is such a lovely country and I do believe that government and
people there are upset, but I do believe that they are wise enough to get
along. I would like to assist in "business as usual".

Peter, the optimistic Rebernik

 | PHAROS International - Bureau for Cultural Projects
 | Peter Rebernik, Dipl.-Ing.
 | Anton Baumgartner-Str. 44/C2/3/2
 | A - 1230 Wien / AUSTRIA
 | Tel.:  (+43 1) 667 7375
 | Fax:  (+43 1) 667 2984
 | Mobiltel.: (+43 664) 230 2767
 | Email: peter@rebernik.at / Web: www.rebernik.at
This mail is a natural product.  The slight variations in spelling and
grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to
be considered flaws or defects.

-----UrsprÑ?ngliche Nachricht-----