Adele Eisenstein on Fri, 2 Apr 1999 19:12:54 +0200 (METDST)

Syndicate: "I" is out!!!!!!!! (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 1999 08:03:39 -0800 (PST)

...I am a close friend of "I"'s in
California--I spoke last night, my night, her nightmare, to her--she is
outraged and sad and cold--the conditions in this neutral zone (between
Kosova and Macedonia) are
horrific and evidently no humanitarian aid workers or supplies are
coming in--there are many without coats--it is raining and very
cold--there is no shelter--"I" believes even if the border ws
processing, it would take at least a week to go through the numbers of
people that are there--

"I" implores all of us to apply whatever pressure we may have to
"authorities" to get aid into them.  They deserve better than this.
Thank you