melinda jørgensen on Thu, 22 Oct 1998 04:36:22 +0100

Re: Syndicate: Syndicate of Net-Artists

dear everyone..

i have to agree that this is the only item on any of the lists which has
some positive direction atm. i too am stretched across too many nodes and
think a seperate list is not appropriate.. but the idea of

>Can we form some transcontinental body which could promote/protect the
>rights of Net-Artist? Do you think there is a need for this?

sounds fantastic.. and not overly ambitious at all.  we are global citizens
and whereever we physically reside..north south east west (whatever they
mean) we all face similar financial,status and rights problems, and dan i
do agree that we make art because we cant help ourselves.. perhaps we need
to be protected from our own compulsion.

>perhaps the issue of educating arts organisations and curators into issues
>to do with development and >presentation of net.art from deep europe (and
>beyond), is something which can be put on the agenda for

honor yes, every organisation that looks at web work needs to address this
issue.. the museums on the web show for xapmple.. waxed lyrical about how
fabulous the works of net artists were and how using the same techniques
would enhance general education and access for museums, however none of the
artists whose work was shown was paid as far as i know..they did send a
nice cdrom and have a great show interface, but unpaid artists again got to
share thier knowledge for free to highly paid museum professionals.

>You see the "garden of eden" isn't there either.
not here either..but the landscape is pretty.

melinda

 melinda  jørgensen
   www.subtle.net