Tina LaPorta on Wed, 21 Oct 1998 06:02:57 +0100

Re: Syndicate: Syndicate of Net-Artists

Dear Melentie, dear list....
i am happy to see the web of this discussion opening up, multiplying into
areas beyond seafair and i do hope that igor's silence won't remain for too
long. so yes, a discussion-list focused on issues specific to the
production, presentation and re-presentations of net-culture in theory and
in practice are crucial to the nurturing and development of this form. But
let's move beyond borders here... it would be of little use to net-artists
if we disussed these issues only amoungst ourselves. we need to dialogue
with the organizers and curators of these global events. and they need to
dialogue with us. i'm sure many artists would be willing to engage in such
a forum but i'm not so sure that the ones behind the scenes are willing to
listen.
best regards,
tina