Inke Arns on Mon, 13 Aug 2001 19:32:07 +0200

Re: Syndicate: Jaka Zeleznikar: _NN - what happend?

At 18:29 13.08.01 +0200, Jaka wrote:
>I liked most of NN mails.

me too.

>Where are clearly written rules of the syndicate game? And if syndicate

there are some basic rules for games and mailing lists.

>is really non hierarchic 'society' of equal members (which i understood
>from different presentations of S.)

dear jaka, let me be cynical for one moment: regarding WORK the Syndicate
mailing list is definitely NOT a non-hierarchic 'society' of equal members.
how many times have I called for more support concerning the administration
of the list? How few answers did i receive? (and I am not going to repeat
the joke about the paid job ;)

i am not ready to administrate a mailing list which is called "[integer],
formerly known as Syndicate".

if there are so many people eager to receive e-mails from integer -- why
don't you suggest to nn to install her own mailing list? or, even better,
as she would never deal with majordomo herself: why don't you install a
mailing list for her?

perhaps I would even subscribe myself, who knows?

>Is there no other solution to deal with different wishes about
>moderation, something like on Rhizome with 'raw' and 'digest'. I found
>this more intelligent solution than to ban people.

this is a very good idea, Jaka! Now we only have to find somebody who would
run such a "Syndicate raw" list. Perhaps you (or somebody else) would like
to volunteer?

Sincerely,
Inke

- http://www.v2.nl/~arns/