SMART Project Space on Fri, 22 Jun 2001 16:12:22 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-nl] Steve Reinke | Recent Work

SMART Project Space | 1e Constantijn Huygensstraat 20, Amsterdam

requests the pleasure of your company at the screening of a program of
recent work by Steve Reinke

Saturday June 23, 22.00-24.00 hours | the artists will be in attendance

SMART Cinema: open from Tuesday through Sunday at 22.00 hours

Steve Reinke | Recent Work
I'm not going to go to the Anne Frank House - I don't think I could take
it - being a tourist is bad enough - though I'm not really a tourist - I'm
here working - my camera's the one on vacation - taking holiday sounds and
images - it's having a nice change of pace - for me it's still the same old
thing - talking and talking. I don't want to go inside the Anne Frank
House - I don't even know why they call it that - she didn't own it - as far
as I know she didn't have any real estate holdings - not in this
neighbourhood anyway, that's for sure - and I want to remember Shelly
Winters as she was in "A Place in the Sun" - I don't care about the Oscar -
I want to remember her tipping out of the boat - tippy canoe and beaver
too - falling into the lake and drowning - I don't want to remember her any
other way - except possibly her other sea-faring role, "The Poseidon
Adventure."

Incidents of Travel, 1998, 6 min
Spiritual Animal Kingdom, 1998, 24 min
Afternoon (March 22, 1999), 1999, 24 min
Sad Disco Fantasia, 2001, 24 min
Amsterdam Camera Vacation w/ Night Lecture, On Spinoza, 2001,
work-in-progress, ~12 min

Program sponsored by: Gemeente Amsterdam, Mondriaan Stichting, Mentrum,
Brand Bier, Beam Systems

SMART Project Space | www.smartprojectspace.net
Exhibition Space: 1e Constantijn Huygensstraat 20
Office: Keizersgracht 720, NL-1017 EW Amsterdam
Mail to: P.O.Box 15004, NL-1001 MA Amsterdam
Phone: +31 20 427.5951 / 427.5952
Phone/fax.: +31 20 420.6028
Email: info@smartprojectspace.net

If this e-mail was forwarded to you by way of someone other then SMART
Project Space, and you would appreciate to receive further mailings
announcing exhibitions at SMART Project Space, you can send mail to
info@smartprojectspace.net with the following command in the body of your
email message: "subscribe e-mailing SPS"

If you would want to remove yourself from this mailing list, you can send
mail to info@smartprojectspace.net with the following command in the body of
your email message: "unsubscribe e-mailing SPS"