Patrice Riemens via Nettime-tmp on Thu, 22 Jun 2023 20:14:30 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> French crackdown on Les Soulévements de la Terre

Thanks Menno. The best you can do to support SdlT is to register as supporter, as by now 133.000+ people have done, me included, and so become liable, according to French law, to 3 years jail time and a €45K fine as helper of a terrorist organisation. To piss 'them' (the Macron regime) even mor you could even go harass a French consulate nearby you to inform them about yr registration with SdlT. There is even an off chance they will sympathize with you.  Cheers, p+2D!
https://lessoulevementsdelaterre.org/
Btw SdlT is not the only environmental movement under thraet of police repression. In Germany 'Letzte Generation' people have been arrested recently, UK has enacted extremely severe restrictions to protest, targeting XR specifically, and in the Netherlands it won't last long before XR will also be repressed (they paln to block a superhighway every day (!) fro now on ...

----- Original Message -----
From: "Menno Grootveld via Nettime-tmp" <nettime-tmp@mail.ljudmila.org>
To: nettime-tmp@mail.ljudmila.org
Sent: Thursday, 22 June, 2023 16:35:36
Subject: <nettime> French crackdown on Les Soulévements de la Terre

Dear all,

Today the sad news arrived that the French state decided upon a total
crackdown on the ecological movement Les Soulèvements de la Terre (which
translates as something like 'the uprisings of the earth'). Les
Soulèvements de la Terre has been responsible for some of the most
spectacular actions to protect the environment that we have seen lately.
In one instance they dismantled half a factory last year, and only a
week ago they clashed with heavily-armed French police forces in a
mountain valley that is under threat of a high speed trainline between
Lyon and Turin in Italy.

Now the French minister of the Interior has ordered the movement to
dissolve. In the relevant decree there is a direct referral to Andreas
Malm's How To Blow Up a Pipeline, of which I have been the Dutch publisher.

In my eyes this is a crucial moment in the struggle for everything that
we hold dear. Dissident voices are suppressed everywhere, while the
drumbeats of the war-mongers are stronger than ever and the burning of
the earth relentlessly proceeds. This is the time that we have to stand
up and say 'no, we won't accept this any longer.'

Please support the Soulèvements de la Terre in every way you can, sign
the petition, organize rally's and take to the streets. Spread the word
in your networks! We will never surrender! No pasaran!

For the latest news:
https://lessoulevementsdelaterre.org/en-eu/blog/appel-aux-soulevements-de-la-terre-ce-qui-repousse-partout-ne-peut-etre-dissous
(also in English)

#  more info: https://mail.ljudmila.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/nettime-tmp