Ted Byfield via Nettime-tmp on Wed, 14 Jun 2023 17:07:21 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Direction of Travel

Thank you, David, this is exactly right. We’ve  started to see some helpful discussions about various roles — admin, moderator, etc. My hope is that we’ll end up with some constellation of people and orgs who can not just maintain a mailing list well but also navigate larger questions about nettime as a project, whatever form(s) it might take.

It’s become a truism that nettime is pretty homogeneous, but it’s worth remembering that it exemplified  radical kind of diversity early on — geographical, ideological, disciplinary, institutional, practical, stylistic, etc. That was a big part of what made it so unusual. There’s no guarantee that building on that diversity will ‘work,’ or that it won’t — but nettime was never about guarantees.

Cheers,
Ted