Felix Stalder on Mon, 18 Jan 2021 13:46:49 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> The Left Needs a New Strategy

On 16.01.21 17:40, Dmytri Kleiner wrote:
> You can't do "a China" in your country. You can, however, work to
> improve the conditions of people in your country, while working against
> the aggression of your country abroad.

Yes, obviously we cannot, and should not, "do" China. In the same way
that we cannot, and should not, "do" Silicon Valley outside, well,
Silicon Valley.

So, what exactly is the lesson that China holds for "us", that is,
cultural/knowledge workers (I assume, most of nettime's subscribers fall
into this category, if it is, indeed, a category) in the West. And, more
precisely, what should be learned from China that cannot be learned from
other successful "developmental states", such as S. Korea or Taiwan?

Felix

--
| |||||||||||||||||| http://felix.openflows.com |
| Open PGP | http://felix.openflows.com/pgp.txt |