Joseph Rabie on Sat, 16 Jan 2021 16:58:03 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> The Left Needs a New Strategy

> Le 16 janv. 2021 à 11:24, Dmytri Kleiner <dk@telekommunisten.net> a écrit :
>
> Judging China is not a part of his strategy, and should not be, because it's a bad strategy. We should trust the Chinese workers to resolve their contradictions, and focus on our own rather than allowing our elite to propagandize into thinking they are our enemies.

My layman's understanding of Communism is that one of its essential markers is the collective ownership of the means of production. China's reversion to a market economy suggests that Communism in that country has for all intents and purposes failed.

For those (as myself) who consider Capitalism a dead end, trying to understand why Communism could not perdure in a country such as China (or the USSR, or the Eastern Bloc) is of interest.

Joseph Rabie.