John Young on Mon, 2 Sep 2019 17:31:42 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> don't be afraid of 'project fear'

European Union of historically genocidal countries as a high-faluting conglomerate is no better than United States genocidal slaugthter-natives, civil-war enforced agglomeration, nor Great Britain's "greatness" of civil-and-interethnic war genociding various populations into domesticated ground beef ruled by English-everything at home, NI, CA, NZ, distant islands, whereever bloody English is demanded for war, diplomacy, espionage, converse and commerce.

Nettime for example, more generally, the Internet, academia, media, intergalactic naming.

Vicarity of grand unification of "we people" of thought, language, participation, identity, rank, is the lure for the allegedly disorganized, inchoate, inarticulate, ignorant "those people," a weapon against terrifying otherness, barbarity, babble, death without Nobelist obituary.

Philosophy is rife -- rotten -- with pretentious divisiveness ("critique"), then promises ultra-pretentious unification (Platonic to Electronic Frontierean) which inevitably requires a ruling hierarchy confected, imitative of those overthrown. GB's deathless, infallible queen and the exploitive wretched aristocracy is the model for all cultures, beyond good and evil, existing and prospective of which Trump and Johnson are genital warts upon G7 ED.

Media adulation of warts is critique of pure wartism.