Alexander Bard on Fri, 27 Jan 2017 16:40:01 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> Digital leftism in a globalised world?

   Excuse me, but what kind of world do you live in?
   A world where all property is owned by nation-state governments as if
   they were all North Korean dictatorships? And the globe is a
   competetion for most evil between these states and nothing else? Have
   you even heard of transnational movement?
   Can we please raise the quality of postings on this forum to at least
   slightly above the junior high school level?
   And while I'm at it, may I suggest a pause from the usage of the sloppy
   demonising term "neo-liberalism"?
   I can not in all honesty accept that we put a word on some kind of
   garbage waste bin into which we are all allowed to throw in anything we
   do not spontaneously like and then refer to it as "neo-liberalism". It
   is not just sloppy, it is outright idiotic, and it explains why The
   Left is losing everything as we speak. It has gone lazily bonkers.
   Unless you clearly do not define what you mean with "neo-liberalism",
   do not use the word. It has become absolutely meaningless.
   Instead, if this wants to be a forum for serious discussions on digital
   leftism, let's all go back to Marx and start by defining class and
   class struggle.
   It all begins and ends there anyway.
   And censoring the internet is not the slighest bit Marxist. Neither is
   racist localism, so stop defending that too. Don't be Trumpists!
   Instead look at the real issue at hand: What are we going to do with
   the masses of Trump and Le Pen and Brexit voters when their
   pseudophallic leaders do not give them what they want? How do we
   prevent an Aryan State in Europe or a new U.S. civil war from rising?
   Or do we go even more radical than Zizek and in an accelerationist
   manner accept and encourage such a development?
   Best intentions from Cape Town
   Alexander Bard

     On Thu, Jan 26, 2017 at 07:58:46AM +0100, Alex Foti wrote:

     > [Trump's] politics is neither neocon nor realist (certainly
     > not international kehoane-style) but isolationist.

     We have been sold the notion that Protectionism is very
     very bad and leads to "economic warfare".
 <...>