Nick on Wed, 8 Feb 2012 14:03:47 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> Sex Work and Consent at @transmediale

Dmitri,

I really enjoyed this analysis. I hadn't fully considered
the problematics with simply claiming that 'consent' makes
everything OK, or how tied consent is to capitalist
imperitives.

I'm not sure how comfortable I am with switching to
discussing the value sex work brings to society. It does
seem to be a step up from talk of 'consent,' but it still
seems like an odd frame to me. Why do we need a framework
deciding whether it's a "valid form of work" in order to
discuss rights and conditions?

But I'm sure I need to think more about this. Thanks for
provoking me to do so.

Nick