nettime's rights manager on Fri, 7 May 2010 12:29:00 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> The Return of DRM [Rob van Kranenburg, Rob Myers]

----- Forwarded message from Rob van Kranenburg <kranenbu@xs4all.nl> -----

From: "Rob van Kranenburg" <kranenbu@xs4all.nl>
Subject: Re: <nettime> The Return of DRM
Date: Fri, 7 May 2010 10:32:34 +0200
To: "Morlock Elloi" <morlockelloi@yahoo.com>
Cc: nettime-l@kein.org

But how can you pose any sense of individual agency if you posit
the sort of almight you propose that 'the Inquisition' had? As far
as I can see, people do get in their cars knowing it fucks up the
planet. You have an individual mobility, that is what you choose to
have, do not come complaining about the environment later. And do not
tell me 'they' put a gun to your head and told you to get into your
car, or they put a gun to your head and told you to buy that iphone.
Really, do you think by now you do not have enough information to make
choices? Where are the 'conditioned' behaviours, 'controlled' by a
'few', you make it sound as if the Middle Ages are still here. That
few, would that be 'Google'? an eleven year old? I'll see you when you
get there.

----- Forwarded message from Rob Myers <rob@robmyers.org> -----