Morlock Elloi on Sat, 8 May 2010 14:48:36 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> The Return of DRM

The idea that what we have on our hands is a nameless self-emergent
system which no one controls, which just happened to spring into the
existence as such, almost like a weak nuclear force, is an old one
(I'm waiting for a new Unified theory - gravity, strong & weak force,
electromagnetism, consumerism.) Looking for an agent there makes one a
primitive superstitious retard, right?

Equating systems of control with natural forces works. Remember God? I
mean, you can't fuck with the God. You better obey. The argument that
consumers make "choices" and therefore are responsible for everything
is along these lines - you masturbate, a kitten dies.