Morlock Elloi on Fri, 7 May 2010 10:21:15 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> The Return of DRM

They do matter, and this is why: imposed/conditoned behaviours, manufactured desires, data collected, patterns discovered and exploited - all these are controlled by a very few and affect many, and those many affect everyone else.

I don't see any GNU people collecting patterns and tracking end users in order to deploy those insights into spreading the GNU-deology. No, they do it 1:1, in a grassroots way, preaching to the choir, ensuring own irrelevance. You don't need to agree with or believe in social engineering on a massive scale to be affected by it, any more than you need to believe in or agree with firearms in order to be shot.

You can not be a comfortable atheist in the land of religious zealots on remote control, which is what iphone rubbing 'tards are. Their attention is captured and tamed, and monitored for deviation (the Inquisition was a very expensive and inefficient way of ensuring compliance.)