Christian Swertz via nettime-l on Wed, 17 Apr 2024 09:52:37 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Swipe, a Smart Phone Movie by Mieke Gerritzen/Next Nature

https://nextnature.net/philosophy

what is this, trans-ecologism?

To me, it looks like the opposite. As far as I understood, the people behind the nextnature website seem to assume that nature is a living being where human beings live in, while in trans-ecologism nature is described as a social construct that lives in human beings. Maybe I missed something?

Anyway - the term "nature" has indeed been debated for centuries, and as with many other topics there are different oppinions around, which in turn suggests the proposal to assume that whatever we mean by nature it is necessary to keep the discussion about the meaning of "nature" possible.

--
Liebe Grüße,

Christian Swertz
http://www.swertz.at