Brian Holmes via nettime-l on Tue, 16 Apr 2024 01:11:44 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Swipe, a Smart Phone Movie by Mieke Gerritzen/Next Nature

Hello Oliver,

Nothing is natural in our culture, for sure - I too paused to question that
sentence.

However the immense changes that this small bit of artificiality has
brought, over a mere 20 years, to our individual and collective
orientations toward the world, really merit a pause for reflection.

I was interested to look further into what is sometimes called the second
nature of technology, but damn, the app failed on my Android phone!
Probably because I haven't updated it in a long time...

Best, Brian