allan siegel via nettime-l on Sun, 8 Oct 2023 20:36:59 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> silence on Palestine?

Hello all,
Sad to say that when i want to find news about Palestine I need to turn to X because it is one of the few places where one can find unfiltered and unbiased reports.

The coverages on current events in both the NYT and the Guardian provide a fairly accurate picture of the misrepresentation of the back ground and current framing of the conflict.

When a Palestinian fights for their freedom they are automatically a terrorist. But when a Zionist settler murders a Palestinian there are all kinds of moral ambiguities…. The violence enacted by colonialism and newer manifestations has a centuries old consistency…

Thanks Andrew for raising this issue
Best
Allan