Christian Swertz via nettime-l on Fri, 29 Sep 2023 11:02:39 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> recently published texts on networkcultures.org

Am 29.09.23 um 10:37 schrieb Allan Siegel via nettime-l:
Hello All,
OK Christian a name is good starting point and I will add to that some other thoughts... in random order.

 * Nettime now appears in at least in two realms: via email and/or on
   Mastodon;
 * There is a sense of an expanding community;
 * This community is resilient, sustainable and with many voices;
 * a magazine format that enables essays and long form discussions
   would create a framework for discussions that have already appeared
   via email but are unwieldy on Mastodon;
 * the magazine format should be innovative and non-academic and should
   include an archive (like '10 interviews on AI')  and some kind of
   bulletin board highlighting forthcoming events (Internet Tour) and
   publications (Sanela Jahić);
 * Nettime is a self-sustaining community that includes multicultural
   voices and diverse disciplines and occupations;
 * The Nettime community is engaged (in various ways) in contributing
   to AND deconstructing digital landscapes and forms of discourse that
   enable the de-commodification of digital environments and practices;
 * Among other various possibilities, and I am thinking of the magazine
   as kind of a public square that features both written and visual
   materials that is reflective of the creative/theoretical ideas and
   discursive practices that form the nettime community.

I hope this can move the magazine idea forward.

best

allan