Marina Grzinic on Sun, 14 May 2023 05:40:29 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> grzinic, this is a great proposal Menno, we should accept asap RE: New proposal

Dear nettimers, we too on the other side of Europe,  fed with nettime, but I would say differently, state:  NETTIME MUSS BLEIBEN. OK?

Menno has a very  good and palpable proposition that we should accept as soon as possible, a host and caretakers, there is nothing to speculate, it's a good solution. AND  thanks to those who have worked  until now,  A GREAT JOB! DONE, stay all very well, Marina Grzinic

-----Original Message-----
From: nettime-l [mailto:nettime-l-bounces@lists.kein.org] On Behalf Of Menno Grootveld
Sent: Saturday, May 13, 2023 10:42 PM
To: nettime-l <nettime-l@kein.org>
Subject: <nettime> New proposal

Dear all,

My impression is that quite a lot of people do NOT want the list to be closed down. The next question then is: what can we do about it? I would like to introduce a feasible proposal. First of all, the list could be hosted elsewhere (if necessary). Geert (Lovink) told me that his institute, the INC, would be more than happy to host it. So that seems relatively easy. Then secondly of course the question is who is actually going to take care of the list (the 'janitor' job). I perfectly understand that Felix and Ted want to be relieved of that duty after eight years or so. But there are other people out here who could take over their role, including me. I understand that Florian (Schneider) would be up for this task as well, along with a young student of his from India. I have found a young student from France who would want to step in as well. That already makes four of us. Let's see if others want to join or share responsibilities. My take is that nettime is a very important resource t
 hat has not lost but GAINED relevance in the era of social media. And no, it is not just a relic from the early days of the net, adhered to and valued only by white males of a certain age. It only needs a little bit of fresh blood (in the sense of younger people) and perhaps a little bit more prodding (in the sense of asking people from time to time to share their thoughts about certain issues). But as an instrument of collective deliberation and the exchange of ideas it is as yet unsurpassed, as far as I am concerned.

Menno