Richard Quandt on Tue, 7 Sep 1999 14:02:01 +0100

Syndicate: The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation

From: req@quandt.com

I am a Senior Advisor at The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation in New York. We
have supported higher educational infrastructure development, economics and
management training, humanities fellowships, and agricultural technology
transfer in Eastern Europe since 1990. In assessing the impact of our and
other foundations' activities, I am now in the process of writing a book on
philanthropy in transitional societies such as eastern Europe.

I would be extremely grateful if you would share with the the content and
size of the activities of the Prins Bernhard Fonds in that region. I think
that perhaps your annual reports would be sufficient for me, or some
summary tables if that is easier for you, together with some desciptive
materials.

If you could send me such material, it would be a great help. My e-mail
address is req@quandt.com; My mailing address is

The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation
282 Alexander Street
Princeton, NJ 08540