nika fleischmann on Tue, 17 Aug 1999 13:48:49 +0200

Syndicate: CAT - Communication, Art & Technology network

Dear all,

Some of you were amongst the people who helped us define the term Digital
Culture as the creation of a network for communication, art & technology -
the CAT network.

One year ago we asked artists and theorists in the field of new media to
fill in an email questionnaire. The result of this has been discussed
during the last months in the German Ministry for Research and Education.
The conclusion is the decision to initiate the CAT network - a virtual
network supporting artists, theorists and  other experts working in new
media connecting them with research labs, media agencies, funding partners
etc. thereby creating a virtual community as a competence center for art,
culture and new media.

We will let you know how you can be part of the CAT network as soon as this
is possible on this URL:
http://imk.gmd.de/mars/cat/

Thank you again for your involvement.
Monika Fleischmann & Wolfgang Strauss