Inke Arns on Sat, 10 Apr 1999 10:43:55 +0100

Re: Syndicate: this is a test

At 20:31 09.04.99 +0100, Zvonimir Bakotin wrote:

>yes i found this silence scary in way, visually list today reminds me on
>atmosphere from paintings of Giorgio DeChirico... seems that NoviSad is
>down, Belgrade is silent too... :(
>I can just hope that is just temporary...

Dear all,

some clarifications about yesterday's e-mail: according to my provider, a
cable in Frankfurt was broken yesterday morning, meaning the Net for us
Snafu users has shrunk to a very small area of the world.... I just did not
have a single e-mail in my in-box, that's why I thought something had
happened to the network. Today it seems to be OK again.

And still, Zvonimir, Karoly, yes, the (real) silence is scary. The problem
is that the realities we are *all* stuck in are increasingly becoming
disparate and disconnected realities, and this makes it more and more
difficult to communicate. The question is: do these increasingly disparate
realities threaten the Syndicate network with an insurmountable divide? No,
no, we are still not there. I refuse to believe this.

I think the only way of keeping up communication at the moment is to send
personal messages of support to individuals.... and to hope that in one way
or the other communication on the list can be re-established.

Best,
Inke

49.(0)30.3136678 | inke@berlin.snafu.de | http://www.v2.nl/~arns/
mikro: http://www.mikro.org | Syndicate Network: http://www.v2.nl/east/