Inke Arns on Tue, 13 Oct 1998 12:46:44 +0100

Re: Syndicate: SEAFair/Junction/Syndicate

Dear Syndicalists, dear Igor, dear Tina,

Igor / intim@ wrote:

>as i said before there were two major problems: not enough money and
>the presence of the syndicate meeting in the frame of the festival,
>which was the biggest mistake in my opinion. all these
>(un?)expectedly resulted in the problem we are talking about.

Just one remark: the problem was not the presence of the Syndicate itself,
basically, but the fact that there was a total "misrelationship" in terms
of size of SEAFair in comparison to the strong presence of the Syndicate
crowd. I myself was quite surprised when I realized that the Syndicate
meeting was taking all the space & the time of SEAFair. Generally Syndicate
meetings are not supposed to be something like "official conferences";
rather, they have always been "side events", or better: rather informal and
personal (face-to-face) get-togethers of people who most of the time
communicate via e-mail.

Will write a short report about Junction Skopje today; sorry about being so
brief right now.

Inke

49.(0)30.3136678 | inke@berlin.snafu.de | http://www.v2.nl/~arns/