{ brad brace } on Mon, 26 Oct 1998 21:25:30 +0100

Re: Syndicate: exhibition of net art

On Fri, 23 Oct 1998, Le E wrote:

> It seems that the task at hand is not figuring out how to infiltrate
> the traditional art venues, but to figure out what it is about web
> based art that is unique, and how the medium itself can be promoted in
> such a way as to bring attention to those who are furthering the
> dialogue about the medium's expressive potential, rather than those
> who are simply interested in the promotion of their analog concerns.

Or/and, the tasks at hand, may simply be the promotion of concerns and
localities (irregardless of their digital component) that have usually
lain beyond centrist, old artworld venues. By exclusively promoting the
"new expressive potential of the medium," we run the real risk of merely
perpetuating and regressing to past authoritarian hierarchies. I favour
the idea of the Net as a Voice more than a medium.

The_12hr-ISBN-JPEG_Project                    since 1994 <<<

> serial                ftp://ftp.wco.com/pub/users/bbrace <
> eccentric             ftp://ftp.netcom.com/pub/bb/bbrace <
> continuous           ftp://ftp.teleport.com/users/bbrace <
> hypermodern         ftp://ftp.rdrop.com/pub/users/bbrace <
> imagery online   ftp://ftp.pacifier.com/pub/users/bbrace <

Usenet-news: alt.binaries.pictures.12hr/ a.b.p.fine-art.misc
Mailing-list: listserv@netcom.com / subscribe 12hr-isbn-jpeg
Reverse Solidus: http://www.teleport.com/~bbrace/bbrace.html

{ brad brace }  <<<< bbrace@netcom.com >>>>  ~finger for pgp