Annick Bureaud on Fri, 23 Oct 1998 16:41:00 +0100

Re: Syndicate: "why & how" to exhibit net art?

Dear all

I am (trying) to pick up late mail and posts. The debate on net art,
festival, etc is really interesting (much more than on the Shocklist) .
Here a quick answer to Melentie ;

Melentie Pandilovski wrote:

> A Syndicate of Net-Artists?

For christ sake : NO ! It is going then to become restrictive, and net
artists can also work with other media (I know one artist working on the
net and other media depending on what he wants to achieve and he is
always surprised and shocked when someone calls him a net artists or an
holographer or , etc). In France video organised itself around the
medium, they became a nice group of nice people ... only talking about
video and to each other. Please don't do that with net art or any kind
of art.

Annick
--
Annick Bureaud (bureaud@altern.org)