Library on Wed, 15 Jul 1998 16:34:57 +0100

Syndicate: tokyo fwd

hello everyone:

it's something I found in a mailbox...

greetings

jacek

CALL FOR ENTRIES

"ART ON THE NET 1998"
Beyond Language Barriers --The Age of Streaming Media --

"Art on the Net" is an on-line museum hosted by the Machida City Museum
of Graphic Arts Tokyo (MCMOGATK) and the "Art on the Net" Steering
Committee. This museum exists only in the form of web pages.

MCMOGATK has been making pioneering attempts to use the Internet as a
new space for artistic expressions.

That's the "Art on the Net Exhibition".

The MACHIDA CITY MUSEUM OF GRAPHIC ARTS in Tokyo, and THE ART ON THE
NET STEERING COMMITTEE will begin an online art exhibition from
September 1, 1998 to March 31, 1999.

In our "ART ON THE NET 1998" Exhibition, we will explore the artistic
possibilities of "Streaming Media". MCMOGATK would like to encourage artists
to make use of this exciting tool, as we see its unprecedented potential
as a medium of artistic of expression.

You are invited to entry your original artwork. The theme this year is
"Beyond Language Barriers".

Board of jurors representing various countries will select Grand
Prize, Silver Prize, and Bronze Prize;

Art on the Net 1998 Grand Prize
Cash prize 300,000 yen
Three opportunities to design web pages for the Art on the Net exhibition
And "MAYA(TM) Base" from Alias|Wavefront. (for SGI/WindowsNT)

Silver Prize
Cash prize 200,000 yen
Two opportunities to design web pages for the Art on the Net exhibition

Bronze Prize
Cash prize 100,000 yen
One opportunity to design web pages for the Art on the Net exhibition

The DEADLINE to accept the work is August 15.

All the informations you will need are at:

	http://art.by.arena.ne.jp/mcmogatk/

We are waiting for your entries.

You Minowa
Curator