Ralf Knecht on Mon, 18 Aug 1997 17:15:29 +0100

Syndicate: Xtended Live Radio announcement

Xtended Live Radio

from 24.08.97 til the 05.09.97, the Xtended Live Radio (XLR) will
be on air!
we'll transmit from ljubljana, slovenia.
this is an interactive radio-project, which will be transmitted via
fm-radio (about 80 km around ljubljana), via internet and partly by
different radio-stations (radio fsk hamburg, uni-radio berlin, offener
kanal berlin,...).

we'll work with and about texts, music, all kind of sounds to explore the
possibilities of the medium radio and to extend them  - main focus is the
question of mediation and translation of information into / within
different cultural contextes.
therefore we offer a two-week-platform for people all over the world.

in berlin
we've installed speakers and connections (chinch/plugs) in front of  the
interflugs-office, hardenbergstr.33, room 125.

further, there's a line-out-connection, which makes it possible to put the
program from ljubljana into a sound-equipment, work with it and put it back
into the live-channel. transmitter and receiver are controled by us from
ljubljana via internet.
more informations in front of the office.

for people outside of berlin:
you can participate if you have the possibility to use a media-server for
sending sounds (or via telephone).
there will be stations in berlin, mostar, presumably kassel and ulan
bator,... connected to the project, where everyone can plug in and
contribute.

if you want to contribute, please send an EMail to:
for further information please send an EMail to:

XLRlive@iflugs.hdk-berlin.de

or visit:

http://www.iflugs.hdk-berlin.de/~xlr
http://www.radiostudent.si/~xlr

at these web-sites you also can listen around the clock to our program.
(the necessary plugin-software is available on our sites too)
live-transmission from 0.00 till 6.00 am each night, in the daytime we will
produce specials depending on who will contribute when...
exact time-lists you will find on our websites too.

we're looking forward to every contribution.
if you need support for the equipment in berlin, please call marco maria,
0177-7827887.

XLR
Xtended Live Radio
a project by ulf freyhoff, monika glahn and 'sekretaerin'

supported by
Interflugs Buero fuer transdisziplinaere studentische Massnahmen
Radio Student Ljubljana
Egon March Institute Ljubljana
Ministry Ljubljana
Kapellica Ljubljana