inke on Tue, 14 Aug 2001 14:24:29 MET

Re: Syndicate: Re: what happend?

dear,

> annick, anke, and others: you *have to* voice your opinion *on* the list; i
> have no time nor energy to stick my head out like this again and again for
> a silent mass.

absolutely. same goes for me. what I wrote about engagement concerning work
does also apply here (and it does perhaps more): if you don't take care of your
list, and voice your opinion, the list will be taken care of by others. And you
won't necessarily like it.

> if fred and jaka and andrej are the opinion leaders here, an
> integer-ated syndicate list is what you will get.

as I wrote before, it's no problem to open another list focussing on nn. this
is the great thing about mailing lists: you can do it yourself, on whatever
topic you like. Nothing prevents the people interested in nn's postings to open
a mailing list for her. you should explicitely announce that rules don't apply
for that game/mailing list.

> like eric, i
> will leave and look for other, more bearable venues. no big deal, but

I have been thinking about this many times already but am not ready to give up
a project that I have invested some energy into during the last five years. it
is much too valuable for that (even if, as andreas suggested and as we all
know, the Syndicate sometimes tends to by a rather dull place, full of
announcements and with no real discussion)

> everybody who cares should take responsibility for where this list is going.

to the silent mass: repeat this five times before your go to sleep, every
night.

> the archive should be reopened.

sure, why not? Anybody against it?

Greetings,