Phonet][r][ix on Fri, 02 Mar 2001 13:59:50 +1100

Re: Syndicate: DEMAND FOR NEW SELECTION OF VIDEONALE 9

At 03:08 AM 2/03/01 +0100, you wrote:

>PLEASE DO NOR REPLY THIS MESSAGE. JUST FORWARD IT TO info@videonale.org
>

>DEMAND FOR NEW SELECTION OF VIDEONALE 9
>
>The Videonale 9 [Bonn, D] selection jury consisting of five members announce
>that they made selection of more than 1500 entries of video and internet
>artworks in six days, working in two groups.
>I found that is physically impossible.
>This is demand that Videonale 9 make selection again, with respect to
>artworks and effort that artists invest in their works and application for
>festival.

darko,

i admire yr staunch defense in regards 2 the unfair selection, but this
type of thing goes on all the time [it shouldn't i know]....take the
trAce/AltX Hypertext comp, the shortlisted entries where pre-picked by the
directors of both trAce and Alt-X and then given 2 the judge to chose the
winner...this fact was not made public 2 the competitors...also, in this
years Maid In Cyberspace festival the reasons they gave as 2 my
non-n.clusion were very unsatisfactory and verging on the non-professional
[this after them sending me a rejection letter with another arists name on
it], and boiled down to:
>"There was therfore
>not intense criticism of it as it failed to strick a cord or resonance
>whithin us. That's all I can say."
[a direct quote from the curator, typos and all].

so i guess this type-o][negative][ thing is rampant throughout the
artworld. 10 points for trying to combat it.

chunks,
mez

         net.wurk][.who][
         n.sert no here xXXx