Inke Arns on Sat, 10 Feb 2001 14:32:53 +0100

Re: Syndicate: hey inke, a question about syndicate

Dear David,

At 13:53 10.02.01 +0100, you wrote:
>I just wonder,
>doesn't it seem like there should be a mechanism just to describe
>the list topic a little more clearly, say another few words in the .sig

sure - why not. Could you suggest a more precise definition of the list
topic?

>or a monthly voice from the server?

A monthly voice from the server? well, if anyone is interested in building
some kind of robot that automatically reports about the hundreds of bounced
(and error) messages per week -- fine!

Some time ago I repeatedly posted requests for support concerning the
administration of the Syndicate list. I never got any answer - except for
that one person who thought that it was a paid job and therefore wanted to
apply for it.

At the moment it is only me and Andreas who are doing the admin stuff
(unfortunately Arthur Bueno has left V2 and therefore also the admin team
-- he was the one who kept the website updated). And compared to 1996 or
1997 Andreas and I really have less and less time for doing this. This is
why there are no more messages from "the server", or the admins (remember
the monthly newsletters? ah, the good ol' times).

Perhaps someone wants to take over this task? Re-animate this long gone
tradition?

>it looks like the west talking at the east, at least if you count all the
>noise.

I don't know, it's more like as if the topics were not very focused in
general at the moment. The stuff that's being posted on the list is not
very Syndicate specific, to say the least. I am not very happy with the
situation. At the same time I do not have the energy to do anything about
it at the moment. I really have different things to do.

Therefore, I repeat my question: Anybody out there feels like getting more
involved in the administration of the Syndicate list?

Greetings,
Inke

- http://www.v2.nl/~arns/