George(s) Lessard on Thu, 8 Feb 2001 10:42:33 -0500

Syndicate: Re: Delhi : Inauguration of Sarai: The New M

I do not disagree with any of your arguments...
but they do not justify the elitism of your website's http://www.sarai.net
image heavy design
and lack of text alternatives...

Yours truly
George
(In repectfull feed back mode)

On 7 Feb 01, / from / via / thanks to, mrityunjoy chatterjee
<joychatterjee@yahoo.com>
 writing on Subject: Re: Syndicate: Re: Delhi : Inaugura

As far as elitism is concerned it can also be said
that you are also very elite in Indian context that
you have internet access while more than 90% doesn?
have. You can communicate in English where more than
90% can do so.  You have an e-mail account, which is
still a luxury in our country. If you are a foreigner
then let me tell you foreigners are considered as
elite in our country. You cannot erase these
realities. Similarly I can not erase the reality of my
design strategy. Anyway internet users are still elite
in India! Let it be graphical or non graphical. One
more important point, Linx does not support Indian
fonts, it is so arrogant and elitist!!

http://auctions.yahoo.com/

:-) Message ends, Signature begins (-:
George Lessard, living @ 61.10N 94.05W
Member, ICANN @Large Member # 375469
Comments should be sent to mediamentor_no_spam_@cyberdude.com
MSN Messanger address lessard99_no_spam_@hotmail.com
[Remove _no_spam_ from addresses to e-mail]
"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly
find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot...
"If you think you are too small to make a difference,
try sleeping in a closed room with a mosquito..." African Proverb
ICQ # 8501081
Moderator Creative-Radio http://www.eGroups.com/list/creative-radio
MediaMentor Weblog http://www.eGroups.com/list/mediamentor
Homepages http://media002.tripod.com
Caveat Lector, Disclaimers & (c) info http://members.tripod.com/~media002/disclaimer.htm

Semi-random signature quotes follow:
You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
(Gandhi)