darko fritz on Sun, 04 Feb 2001 01:04:23 +0100

Re: Syndicate: case: nn spaming syndicate

> From: getlucky@news4u.co.uk
> Subject: Re: Syndicate: case: nn spaming syndicate
> Date: Sat, Feb 3, 2001, 23:49

> With respect, Darko, what is wrong with a little self-promotion?

absolutely nothing. but in some measures respectable for other people time
and good taste. i am reacting on quantity of nn mails at first place.

believe me that i can spam list with my artistic visions each hour, as many
creative people can.

>If you don't promote yourself, who's going to promote you?  I never would have
heard of NN without self-promotion.

well, i heard of nn some time ago, mostly about dramas causing to turn nn
off the mailing lists by moderators, or the case that nn turn over the list
- in place promoting exclusively nn related commercial products, turning
down all concurrency products [software commercial war]. all in all, strange
aggressive behavior for someone obviously smart and educated and doing such
a nice art [in my personal opinion].

> One question (for all) - as I want to make sure I'm not breaking the rules of
Syndicate -
> is the mailing list only for promoting specific shows/events?  Or is debate
appropriate too?

as far as i know, debate is absolutely appropriate ... [check the archive]
apart of simple message to not spam the list i feel my contributions to nn
case as a statements and comments on disproportion of aesthetics and
cosmetics [militant demagogic misselfrepresentation]. and luckily enough
people mostly react to discuss some other but personal topics, not
supporting someone's artistic egomania.

and, personally, i have enough of this nn case for now on the list ...
some things you discuss off-list, as maybe this suppose to be.

so, i promise that this is my last one on the list about the case ...

regards

darko fritz propaganda . http://members.ams.chello.nl/fritzd